Designed to shoot nails with either plastic or metal cap, the Hitachi NV50AP3 Cap Nailer is a versatile tool that can be used to fasten most housewraps and underlayments, whether on the roof or on subfloors, including DuPont's Tyvek, tar paper, or any other kind of sheeting.
The cap nailer features two magazines that allow the driving of nails and caps in tandem. This results in a better hold with the caps effectively expanding the surface area of the nail. Both magazines are translucent enabling you to see if you are low on either nails or caps and thus prevent dry firing that could damage both your work and nailer.
The magazines can each hold up to 350 nails or caps. Nail length ranges from 1¼ to 2 inches with a maximum diameter of 0.083 inch. The caps, on the other hand, can have a diameter starting at 7/8 to 2 inches.
Featuring selective actuation, the Hitachi NV50AP3 allows you to choose between a quick bump-firing mode and a sequential mode for a more precise nail placement. All you need to do to switch between the two is flip a lever mounted in front of the trigger on the left hand side of the machine.
Depth-of-drive is also adjustable, and like switching between the firing modes, this is also done without any tool. This feature is especially useful for a cap nailer as the densities of the materials it is intended to fasten vary greatly.
The back of the nailer has a vent that rotates up to 360° allowing you to direct exhaust air from the machine away from your work and you regardless of its position while in use.
Operating pressure of the Hitachi NV50AP3 Cap Nailer starts at 70 to 120 PSI, assuring you that it can easily drive your nails through the toughest of subfloors.
Dimensions of the nailer are approximately 15" D x 10" H x 6" W, while weight is 5.5 pounds.
Hitachi NV50AP3 1-1/4-Inch to 2-Inch Cap Nailer for Sale
Sale Price: $389.20
This third-generation Hitachi cap nailer has been upgraded and improved for use by contractors, but advanced do-it-yourselfers will also love the NV50AP3 -- with its lightweight, easy-to-maneuver body that weighs just 5...
- Weighs just 5.5 pounds (20% lighter than NV50AP2)
- Tool free depth adjustment; 360 degree exhaust feature directs any way you want
- Translucent magazine allows the user to confirm the remaining supply of caps
- 350 cap nails per coil; 2-inch maxiumum capacity
- 5-year warranty
- Comes with a 5-year limited warranty
- Drives nails and caps in tandem for a better hold and operates at 70-120-PSI
- Tool-free depth adjustment and 360-degree, adjustable exhaust
- Translucent cap and nail magazine makes it easy to see how many caps and fasteners remain
- Weighs just 5.5-pounds (20-percent lighter than NV50AP2)